Hello ECHS Players and Families,
I hope you all are off to a great start with your spring break! After the break, we will be heading into our league meets #5 and #6 - these are scoring meets, so let’s give it our all. This week we will have practice M/T/W from 9-10:30AM at OGHS. If you cannot make it, please send me an email.
Pacific League Track Reminders:
- Parents/ athletes should not be on cell phones or on the infield - next meet is scoring and will enforce a DQ to the athlete if found with a phone on the infield and parents unless they volunteer.
- During coastal league finals (May 5th) if an athlete does not check in on time, they will not be able to compete - following CIF rules. This rule will be in effect 15 minus after the 3rd call.
ECHS Track Important Items:
- Wednesday 4/20: MEET #5 - Please email me your events by: Friday, April 15th at 12PM. Being that this is Meet #5 and will be a scoring meet, I will not accept any requests after this deadline.
- Lastly, your coach is currently in Eugene, Oregon :) Eugene is also known as TrackTown USA. This summer it will be the host to the World Athletics Championships. This is the first time ever that it will be held in the United States! If you find yourself in the PNW this July - definitely check it out (buy your ticket in advance). University of Oregon's Hayward Field is a cherished destination for track and field. Many world records have been set on this track and is the home of the United States Olympic Trials (track and field). Our header this week is of Hayward.
As always, so proud of each of you & stoked for another week as ONE - Coach C.
- Monday: Practice 9-10:30am at OGHS
- Tuesday: Practice 9-10:30am at OGHS
- Wednesday: Practice 9-10:30am at OGHS / No Meet
- Thursday: No Practice
- Friday: No Practice (12PM deadline to register for Meet#5)